Saturday 5 December 2009

New Additions

A few weeks ago I was asked if I would take two turtles from a colleague at work who was moving house and would no longer have an environment for them. They had "arrived" spontaneoulsy in his garden, located in a suburb of Jakarta known for (even named for) turtles some time earlier. My friend did not know what kind of turtle they were but based on his description I was expecting one Cuoro Amboiensis (I was right) and one Asian Softshell (I was wrong). The softshell turned out to be a beautiful female Cyclemys Dentata.

To the right you can see photos of the new Cuoro Amboiensis, a male - it may be a sub-type; and the female Cyclemys Dentata. Both are doing well in the pond. You can also see my daughter's guinea pigs and even my daughter, Sarah, herself. Look in again; there'll be more additions soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment